Sunday, March 13, 2011

Q.Cooper-Assignment 1: A Good Idea

   I chose this ad because it has an example of radial balance with the lines of the brick design and also the TXU logo. It has the mailbox running off the page like we have been doing in class. This ad had unity by the way the mailbox and money are all on one side and then the smaller TXU logo on the lower right side. This also gives the logo some isolation from everything else.
   By adding the text on the left side on the image, I believe it is a balanced composition. Plenty of repetition is shown with the bricks of the mailbox. I believe that by the size of the mailbox and "Save Money" the creator is trying to bring attention that TXU energy can save you money and put it back in your mailbox.
   I found this ad while checking my email on hotmail.com. I immediately saw the line and shapes of the mailbox. Without looking at the text, one can plainly see the huge shape made of other little shapes on the left and also the small circle on the right. This is a simple and not so exciting ad but you do get the point of it.

2 comments:

  1. I like how this Ad shows radial balance. The curvature of the bricks gives the Ad tension since the emphasis is on the mailbox. Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on your post, I agree on how the mail box seems to run off the page. Ther is also an asymmetrical balance to the ad, because the mail box is heavy and on the left, as compared to the text on the right.

    ReplyDelete