Friday, May 13, 2011

C. Hall--Assignment 2: Goal


Once again, I decided to use a piece of artwork I created in my printmaking class not to long ago. This is actually a "ghost print"--which occurs after you've printed the amount you wanted and use paper to get the excess ink off. So it looks a little dry and sketchy. But anyways, I digress. I then scanned this print and I used the type font: LllyUPC in a dark navy color, outlined in a shade of gray. I selected this print because it incorporated few of the morals I stand for which are: to always dream and to put my dream(s) into perspective by thriving for them. This is multiple pieces combined into one. But the theme I did was a dream catcher and various elements that reflect the Navajo culture. I associated the dream catcher with an object that shuns out negative energy and nightmares, so a person then will have all the time they could to dream. Dreams are usually initiated by the dreamer, but it is seldom that one fulfills all of their dreams. With dedication and commitment, excuses will fade away and dreams will become reality. I hope this fulfills the concept of goal with the shown dream catchers and feathers, adapted from the Native Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment